We have exactly 24 hours in a day just like any great scholar. What lacks is our incapability to manage our time properly. When we decide to waste our time unnecessarily, we do not realize the loss we’ll be facing in the future.
A lot of students have developed a habit of not studying regularly and then trying to cram at the eleventh hour. We, at The Heritage School, the best ICSE school in Dehradun, believe that it might help you attain good marks, but your box of knowledge would still be empty.
Here are some important tips on how to manage your time during exams in order to excel, from one of the best schools in Uttarakhand:
- First of all, you need to prepare a time log or a timetable for whatever you have to do in a day.
- Remember, you need to brace yourself for the exams at least two weeks prior.
- Go through your study material regularly. Highlight important topics and re-write them. This way you’ll have your notes prepared beforehand, thus reducing the exam-anxiety.
- Ask your mother or siblings to take quizzes. This way you’ll be able to analyze our weakness.
- Make pointers of the things you are confused with. Consult your friends or teacher for help.
- Make sure your electronic gadgets are kept at a distance. This would avoid you from getting distracted.
- Take short breaks after an hour of studying. But make sure not to exceed the break for more than 10 minutes.
- After you are done with studying go for a walk or listen to music. This will help you refresh your mind.
- Analyze at what time of the day your capacity to remember lessons is the most. Make a schedule accordingly.
- Get proper sleep at night. You won't feel tired or sleepy at the time of studying by getting an 8-hour sleep.
- Maintaining a healthy diet at the time of exams is very important. One cannot afford to get sick at the peak time of exams.
- Before exams, it is not a good idea to skip classes, because teachers usually discuss questions that are important.
We as the Best ICSE School in Uttarakhand, hope you inculcate these tips while studying and perform exceptionally well in exams.